I’d like to be under the sea, in an octopus’ garden in the shade… but not with this one!
I love all ocean creatures, but my favorite is the blue-ringed octopus. When I was looking through one of my ocean books, I turned to a page about this octopus. I was so interested in this creature because of its qualities. The blue-ringed octopus is poisonous. Their bites can make a person sick because of their venom. This octopus is usually found in Australian waters. The reason they have blue rings on them is because the rings flash a warning when they are being threatened.
The blue–ringed octopus is only eight inches long. It is one of the most venomous and dangerous animals in the ocean. Its bite can paralyze people and can easily kill an adult human. The bite is very dangerous because the octopus has toxic saliva. The blue-ringed octopus eat shrimp, hermit crabs, small crabs and occasionally small fish. This octopus has many predators including groupers, moray eels, snappers and sharks.